Got my Asus Eee Pad Transformer a couple of weeks back. The day after I got it, I upgraded to Honeycomb 3.1. After the 3.1 update, I noticed that the wifi will timeout. That is to say, after letting the tablet go idle for a few hours, the wifi drops. In my setting, I did have the wifi to stay alive even when the device goes to sleep. The only fix I found was to turn on Airplane mode, and back.
Today, I read in a forum that someone changed their wifi setting to static IP. Since the only place that I constantly connect to is my home, I had no problem doing that. I have to say, so far, so good.
Here are instructions on how to do this.
1. Bring up the wifi settings.
2. Long press the wifi seetting that you want to change.
3. The following screen appears.
4. Select Modify network.
5. The following screen appears. Change the IP setting to Static.
6. What's really nice is once the IP is set to static, it will retain and hold the current set of IP and network settings.
7. Click Save and enjoy!