Thursday, April 22, 2010

Facebook "Like" Button

Recently, Facebook opened its doors to give people the ability to add what they call "Social Plugins" to their sites. For what it's worth, Google had their version, friend connect, almost 2 years ago. I had built a website with Google friendconnect over a year ago. Though it was interesting, it lacked usage. I was able to add social gadgets to my site, allow commenting and rating of just about any unique object. However, one has to admit, Facebook, having over 400 million members, seems to be the preferred social environment.

Last night, within a couple of hours, I was able to integrate another website with the new "Like" button. It works relatively similar to the Google solution. The difference is that when I, or anyone with a Facebook account, clicks on the "Like" button, a message is posted onto the profile wall. Facebook-like links to that object and that site are listed. I have to say it's quite slick! I will post this same blog on that site. Perhaps you will find this blog there before here.

Happy hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment